background

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

I'm not crazy!!!!

Sometimes I think that I am crazy. When I look at my kids, they all look like normal people. This is why the doctors think I am crazy too. Normal looking people don't have wierd medical problems!! I don't know anyone that has a kid with crazy ketotic hypoglycemia. That is Brian's trouble. Weston's is asthma. Amber can't eat, and Aaron, well, he is small. But today, I am not crazy in thinking that. We went to the doctor about 2 weeks ago about Aaron's growth. The endocrinologist seemed to think that I was a little strange to think that Aaron was small. She said that he was right on track to be his projected height of little- 5'8". I am not tall, Barth is not tall, so none of the kids should be either. Not a problem, I don't mind being short. The problem for me was that he just seemed to not be growing. If we had lived in one place and had seen the same doctor for the last 2 years, I am sure that no one would question me. He has grown less than an inch in the last year. But we have moved too much and, like the doctor said, both of his parents are small, so in looking at his chart....he was fine. But, to be on the safe side, she ordered a few blood tests. I hadn't heard anything in the past almost 2 weeks, so I figured that everything had turned out normal, just like the doctor had thought. Yesterday afternoon I got a call. It was the endocrinologist saying that the test results were in from Aaron's blood tests. She said that while the majority of the tests were normal, he did have some abnormal results. She said that his growth hormone levels had come back low. She wanted to see him back in 6 months for more tests and to monitor his growth. At last!!! I knew I wasn't crazy!!!! I guess that we will just wait and see now. I have no idea why each of my kids has to have something strange medically, but I count my blessings that at least nothing is major!!!!! Now that I know I am not crazy, it gives me courage to face Amber's GI doctor's appointment on Tuesday. Hopefully they won't think that I am crazy too!!!!!!

4 comments:

Amanda said...

I am so glad it is nothing major and they will just monitor him:) You can't ever ignore those Mommy feelings---We just know when something isn't right. Some doctors are just plain wrong to not listen to the mom!

Jessica G. said...

Well, I still think you're crazy...worrying about your kids and all. I mean, really how often do you even LOOK at those guys? :)
Hope all goes well and you get the answers you want.

Debi said...

Crazy, crazy, crazy.... :) Love you daughter dear!

Annette said...

Keep trusting your instincts. You know your kids better than a doctor does.