background

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

The Last Game

Last night was the last game of the basketball season for this year. The games are usually on Saturdays, but this was a "special weeknight game." They darkened the gym, and then had a spotlight on the teams as they announced them and they ran out. They announced each player and where they were from. It was kind of cute and the boys liked it. Here is Weston's team, the Gators, during their announcement.
Here they are at the start of the game.

My camera batteries started to die here, so the picture is a little dark. This is an action shot of Weston guarding his man. You can see the arm and armband of the boy he is guarding right behind him.
This was almost at the end of the game, and there was a foul shot for our team. Weston had a great time playing these last few months.
Lastly, here is Weston and Jaren together. Jaren is in our ward and was the one that asked us to play too so that the boys could have fun together. His birthday is May 3rd and Weston's is the 5th, so they are the exact same age. What a fun thing to do together! We are glad that they suggested it.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

How Fun!!!!! What a great team to be on:) You know I love me some B-ball:) I grew up on it and played it a lot in our driveway myself.

Debi said...

Hey, I didn't see this the last time I looked!! Weston looks so cute in his basketball uniform :) I'm happy he had so much fun playing basketball.

Shelly's Space said...

You certainly have a sports family!! Sports are such a good thing to give kids the ability to be team players AND make some friends....and I think it helps their self esteem too:)
Way to go Weston!!