background

Saturday, December 06, 2008

The 1st real snow

We have had flurries off and on for most of the days this past week, but this morning was the first real day that it has stuck! And what a perfect day it is. We will be decorating up the house for Christmas today. Nothing like a little snow on the ground to get you in the mood for Christmas. (Even though when I grew up in Texas the leaves were just starting to fall and there was no snow, the snow just feels Chrstimasy!) There is no school to cancel for today, and so the boys are out happily playing in the falling snow as I type.
Here is Amber checking it out through the window. She would love to go out, but has a cold, so I think that I will refrain from taking her out in it this time. Don't you just love her morning hair?!
She just looked too cute looking out the windows.
As you can see, there isn't that much snow out there right now, but the boys are making snowballs as fast as they can so that they can throw them at each other!! They just came in to tell me that the driveway was the most snowy part outside and that they needed their sleds to go down it!!
As Brian was headed outside, he said, "The best part about playing in the snow is that we get to come in and have hot chocolate and warm up by the fire afterwards!!" Isn't that the truth?! Hope everyone's Saturday is as fun as ours!

4 comments:

Jessica G. said...

I love snow! We haven't had much yet and certainly nothing in the last month...*sigh* I miss the snow...

Shelly's Space said...

Boys are great for playing out in the snow.....and making snowballs. I'm glad it's getting you in the Christmas mood:) Have fun!!!

Amanda said...

Amber standing at the door looking out in those cute pj's with bed head is about the sweetest thing!

Debi said...

I made the picture of Amber at the window bigger. I could see her reflection. In the reflection, she looks even more like Weston. It is amazing how cameras can even pick up reflections. Technology is advancing so much and we are all really spoiled now. :)