
This morning we set out to find our perfect Christmas tree. Well, I guess that people around here don't know that you are supposed to get your tree 2 weeks or less before Christmas because otherwise it will be dead. We struck out at almost every place we went to. Home Depot had all of about 10 trees with no more shipments coming in. So, we headed over to
Lowes. They had about 15, all of which I was taller than. Barth told the kids that he refused to get a tree that he was taller than, so we continued on with our search. Our next stop was
Biggs. The trees there were pricey, but they did have the biggest selection that we had seen so far. Wal-mart had 5 whole trees! I told Barth that I had seen a tree farm sign on the way to church, so why didn't we check that out. Barth, being the good sport that he is, decided that it would be fine, so off we went. Well, about 20 minutes later, we found the farm and the 4 ft pine trees priced $55+!! Not really for me either. By this time it was lunch time, so we headed home to get some lunch. I was worried that I would never find a good tree. (I know, I know Momma....I just must have too much of Daddy's blood in me!) Barth, being the sensible man that he is (and the fact that he was tired of marching all around town in 25 degree weather) decided that we would just go to the only place that we had seen any sort of half decent tree, and pay the higher price. So......we finally got our tree!! Above is after we got it up in it's stand. Barth is the official light stringer and garland-putter-on-er!! He did a great job. Our garland that I bought in an after Christmas sale the year we got engaged, had just about bit the dust, so last year after Christmas, we got some new stuff. I thought that it looked pretty nice. Barth did a great job with the lights and garland and then took lots of wonderful pictures of the decorating of the tree!!

Here we are decorating. We had the Christmas music going and the kids hung almost all of the ornaments. Barth did his special ones that he got as a child, but other than that, the kids did it all~ I think that they did an excellent job!

Here is Brian hanging all of his ornaments. He really liked this particular side of the tree. Most all of his ornaments are hung on this one side and in the same spot!

Aaron preferred the other side of the tree. At least they liked different sides so that the tree could be balanced out! Aaron really got into the tree decorating this year. He loved every minute of it and was sad when it was all done.

Weston used the whole tree. He even got the step ladder and used it to hang some up higher than he could reach.

Amber mostly walked around and took the ornaments off of the tree. Sometimes she would get two and then try to bang them together. She didn't like it when we kept having to stop her from this favorite activity of hers so that the ornaments wouldn't break!

This year was Weston's year for the star. We got a ladder for him to climb to put it up. We had a great time doing the tree as a family today.

Here is the
almost finished tree. We got the train out to go around it, but it needs new batteries. Once that is up, the tree will be complete!

Isn't it pretty in the dark? We put lights on the big window in the back to make it more festive. I just love it! Merry Christmas!!!
2 comments:
Sounds like finding that perfect tree was HARD work! I bet your house smells WONDERFUL!!!!! it looks great:) MERRY CHRISTMAS!
That tree looks awesome with the lights out. I love the colored lights around the inside of the window, too! :)
Post a Comment