
Yesterday morning, Aaron and I made sugar cookie dough. I decided that we would make cookies for
FHE last night. After school yesterday, the boys all worked on cutting out cookies so that we could frost them later. Amber felt left out just walking around the table, so I put her up in her high chair and she was content to watch all the excitement.

Weston was pretty self sufficient when it came to the cookie making. He did a great job.

I had to help Aaron the most, but by the end, ever he could pretty much do most of it himself. Notice that the candy cane cutter is right there by Aaron. The vast majority of cookies that he made were candy cane ones. Brian did a great job as well. He only needed to be shown a few times how to roll and cut the cookies before he was a regular old pro at it!

Here we are last night, frosting and decorating the cookies. It sure did make a huge mess, but was so worth it. We all had a great time together. Because I made a double batch of dough, we didn't get to decorate all the cookies last night. I think that we will do the rest of them this afternoon!!

I think that Barth had just as much fun decorating as the kids did!! We all enjoyed the yummy cookies when we were finished! I always did love this Christmas tradition when I was a kid. I am glad that we can now do it with our family and keep the tradition going!
3 comments:
Those look YUMMY!!!!! I can't wait till next Christmas--when *hopefullY* I have more time to bake!
You have a lot of cookie decorators (and eaters) at your house! I was just lamenting today how you used to bake for us all the time....we need you here to bake for us again!! Well, Melissa DID bake cookies today. She had a lot of fun, but doesn't seem to have your untiring cookie baking stamina that you do. :)
Barth looks like he is having a way good time eating those cookies!!!
Post a Comment