
Since there are just a few days left until school starts, we tried to pack as much fun as we could into our last few days of summer. There is a minor league baseball team whose field is just minutes from our house, and so we decided that the kids would enjoy a game! It had been a hot and humid day for here......up to 95, but lucky for us, some storm clouds rolled in about an hour before game time and cooled it off to the low 80's. It was still quite humid, but I thought that it was nice weather for the game. As you can see, there were not many people there. We had great seats for not much and the kids really had a fun time! They were handing out free silly bands to the first 1000 kids, but since the nights attendance was just over 1000 (and that was including the season ticket holders and I don't think any of them were even there!), each one of our kids got a pack of bands, including Evan! The kids thought that it was so cool!!! :) It was nice to be able to spread out to watch the game as much as we wanted. And we didn't have to worry about disturbing anyone with our large brood, because there wasn't much of anyone around us! :)

It was Chick-
fil-a family fun night and that meant that the big chick-
fil-a cow was there! Amber was
terrified of him! Any time she could even see him, he was too close and that meant that she needed to climb on
someones lap and clutch on for dear life until he was gone. And then, when she could no longer see him, they decided to bring out the team's mascot, which was also a big person in a suit. So, needless to say, Amber spent a lot of time on mine and Barth's lap. :) At the end of the night when we asked each of the kids what their favorite part of the game was, Amber told us that her favorite part was seeing the big cow and big chicken!!! Barth and I just looked at each other and laughed!!! Silly girl!

Evan was happy to be mobile and roaming up and down the row just checking it all out. I was amazed at how well he did considering that he had only had one nap that day and we stayed up until the 11
th inning and didn't get home till almost 11. He was really good the entire time!

This was taken from our seats without a zoom or anything. We were close to the field and the visiting team's dugout. It was pretty fun. I thought that it was kind of funny that the field was turf. I had never seen a turf baseball field before. The guy that is warming up to get ready to bat was really quite nice. He was the designated hitter for the visiting team. At one point, Barth had gone up to get some treats with Weston and Brian, and Aaron, Amber, Evan and I were still in our seats. I was looking off in the other direction when Aaron started saying, "That guy over there wants me to come and see him." I had no idea what he was talking about until he explained that a player (number 19 above) was standing in the dugout with a ball that had been a foul that he wanted to give to Aaron. Aaron was so excited!!! I told him that he could go on over and get the ball. Daddy and his brothers were so impressed that he had gotten a ball. The rest of the game, Aaron cheered for number 19! We didn't care that he was on the wrong team.....we were thankful for his kindness to Aaron!!

Any time Amber eats something lately, she sticks out her
tongue and wants to know if it is a different color. This night she had been eating skittles and wanted me to check it out! I had to take a picture so that she could see just how silly she was when she gets bigger.

Brian caught one of the soft,
smooshy balls that they were throwing out between the innings. Weston tried to get one too, but wasn't successful this time around!

Our whole crew minus Daddy (who is obviously taking the picture!) We had a fun time together as a family at the ball game. I am glad that we went!

And here is Aaron with his game ball! It is his new treasure. It is sitting right on top of his dresser where he can get it anytime but where it won't get lost. Uncle Aaron would be happy for his namesake, because after all, baseball was his thing!! :)
3 comments:
How nice that it was so empty! Looks like a fun time for the kids for sure:)
I thought that was so special that little Aaron was the one to get a game ball. Uncle Aaron must have been whispering in #19's ear to share that foul ball! What a wonderful family time. :) I'm glad that y'all had such a fun evening at the ball game!!! :)
I love all the pictures of the kids! Glad you had a fun time at the ball game. Soon enough it will be back to the books!
Post a Comment