
As our final summer hurrah, and to celebrate our 12
th anniversary, we took a very quick trip up to
Sandusky, OH to Cedar Point. The last time that we had gone, I had wanted to go to a beach on Lake Eerie, but we never could find one. So, this time, we found that the big hotel on Cedar Point's property had a beach on it. So, we decided to go there. We left on Friday morning and did the beach on Friday. The kids loved it!! We played for hours in the sand. It wasn't quite what I was expecting. It was more like a great big sandbox right on the water and I guess that I was expecting a beach more like the ocean, but it was still a lot of fun. We played for hours in the sand and waves. The lake was warm, but not too warm. They were having
unusually warm weather that weekend, but we didn't mind.

There was a designated swimming area with life guards. The swimming area was nice and shallow for a long time. Weston and Brian are sitting down in these pictures. They loved the waves!

Aaron and Amber loved being out in the waves with either me or Daddy. They liked to play a game of trying to push the waves away. That and they loved to jump over them. I am so glad that we spent a day at the beach. Next time we go, we will plan even more time to go out to the beach. We loved it that much!

Evan was too busy taking it all in to even look at me for a picture. You can see some of the rides from the park in the background. Seeing Evan at the beach reminded me of the summer that we went to Jacksonville before we moved there and Brian was a baby. Brian used to try to eat the sand by the handful!!! Evan liked the sand, but thankfully didn't want to eat it! :)

Amber had a blast and got, by far, the sandiest. You wouldn't have known that she had a ruptured eardrum! (You would know it now though because she has been super cranky the last few days!)

The kids had fun building sand castles! (You can see more of the park in the background as well as our hotel.) Cedar Point in on a
peninsula that juts out into Lake Eerie. The park is, obviously, surrounded by water. It is kind of cool when you ride the rides and can see water all around!

Weston and his creation. Amber helped Weston and Aaron helped Brian. The hotel provided the beach chairs and towels for the beach. Then there were 3 pools that we could go to. We left the beach at 8 that night and then went to the pool for a bit before heading for dinner!

Happy Anniversary to us! This is the only picture of the 2 of us from the trip. Not the best, but I guess when you have 5 busy kids (too busy and sandy to take a picture anyway) you take what you can get!! :) I am so thankful to be married to Barth. He is always so much fun to be around. He takes excellent care of me and the children. I admire his hard work and love of the gospel. I can't imagine life without him. :) After 12 years, we are more in love than ever!!! Thanks for 12 fantastic years of marriage sweetie and almost 17 years of dating! :) You are the BEST!

Doesn't the water look so inviting? The children all had fun playing together all afternoon long.

Here is the view from our hotel room. So pretty. The porch was screened in. That was kind of nice because we could have the door to the balcony open and not worry about bugs flying in!! Stay tuned for our Saturday adventures at the theme park! :)
5 comments:
now that looks like a cool place! I love that the porch was screened in:) Happy anniversary:)
Looks like an amazing trip! Happy Anniversary!
(And remember how I had that giveaway on my blog? YOU WON!)
You have had a lot of adventures in your twelve years!! You look like Aunt Diane in that picture of you and Barth.
Happy Anniversary! It looks you guys had a great time even with the kids.:D
That looks like so much fun! :) Remember the time I came to visit you in Jacksonville and we found that fish on fishing line out in the water when it got tangled in my feet? We had such good times, and I'm glad the kiddos did too. :)
Post a Comment