The night that we were all together for the Christmas, G and G Whitley took us to see these beautiful lights!!! I was going to go in to the doctor later that evening since I was feeling so terrible, but I was really thankful that I was able to see these beautiful lights in person! They were so lovely. Even prettier in person than they were in the pictures.
We were quite the group heading out to see the lights! :) It was quite cold that night. For the most part we had beautiful weather while we were in Texas, but there were a few cold days thrown in there too. That is just how Texas is, and I love it!!! :)
We went over to the Yorkes for a few days and then came back to Momma and Daddy's on Saturday. I was feeling a lot better by then. I thought that this was a good picture of Momma and me. I was thankful that we got to get a few pictures of the 2 of us. We hardly ever get ones of just us. Most of the time, we are the ones taking the pictures. :)
That day was BEAUTIFUL!! A little windy, but really just a perfect Texas winter kind of day. Momma and I took the kids for a walk while Barth went to the rock shop. Grandpa kept Katelynn at the house and had fun with her. We ended up going to 2 different parks, 2 different ponds, and just had a grand old time of it!! The kids loved climbing this cool rock wall at the park. You can see Grandma in the background playing with Brian and Weston.
They all had so much fun playing! We walked from place to place. By the time bed time came, these kids were ready to crash!!! They played and played and played! :)
They had fun on this teeter totter thing. I even played on this with the kids. It was a lot of fun to play on! I thoroughly enjoyed the sunshine and warmer weather. Thankfully we got to enjoy all that warm weather because when we got back home to Kentucky it was -8!! With the wind chill it felt like -35!! That is just downright COLD!
A nice lady with her family at the pond gave us a few slices of bread. The kids all enjoyed feeding the swans and ducks. The swans were so pretty. I don't remember seeing them there before, but Evan sure did love them. All the kids did. Brian enjoyed taking pictures of them!
Later that afternoon, Melissa came over with Claire. We all had a fun time jumping on the trampoline outside. We got a great picture of us 3 girls together! :) I was so thankful that we were able to go and see everyone at Christmas time this year. We had planned on taking our kids out of school for the first 2 days after the break. When it came time to go home, the weather was bitterly cold where we lived, so they actually cancelled school both of the days that we were going to take off! It was a Christmas bonus!!! :) (Well, not the cold, cold, cold weather, but the fact that we didn't have to use any of our parent excused absences!) Life is now full tilt back at home! Hopefully I will be able to get up some more pictures of the things that have been happening since we got back! I am thankful that we were able to take our trip and that our family stayed healthy for the most part while we were there!!








2 comments:
Hey, that is a great picture of the 2 of us. How rare. :) It was so wonderful having you here, even if you were kind of under the weather and it wasn't too long. I can't wait until I come see you in March! :)
Great pictures with your Mom and Melissa! Those trees look so beautiful and I know the pictures don't do them justice! You are a trooper for going when you were in so much pain!
Post a Comment