background

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Trip to Texas - At the Yorkes


One of the days that we were staying with Grandma and Grandpa Yorke, they took us to go see the new Perot museum in Dallas.  It was a cool museum and the kids had a lot of fun seeing all the cool things that were there.  Here they are scooping up "food" like a bird would.  There were some pretty neat things to see on each of the floors of the museum.
Katelynn was pretty good while we were there.  She isn't too fond of the stroller.  Most all of my other kids have liked the stroller, but not her.  She doesn't like the car seat either.  Most of the time the stroller was empty and either Barth or I carried her.  :)
There were lots and lots of cool interactive things for the kids.  I think that they enjoyed the interactive parts more than the reading about what each thing was.
The boys here are making their own bird calls.  Pretty fun to see what the wavelengths were like on each bird call.
The boys, of course, LOVED the dinosaurs.  Evan was especially excited about them, but somehow I didn't get a picture of him!  Who knows?  I was feeling somewhat better by the day we went here, but I was still not great and didn't get all that many pictures.
Brian was going around with me at this point, so I got a picture of him doing the forecast.  That was pretty fun.  They read a prompt line on a tv and then it showed them like they were real weather forecasters up above their heads.  All the kids liked this, but I only got a picture of Brian with it.
They had a big stuffed peacock, and since Amber loooooovvvveeessss peacocks, we had to get her picture with this one.  :)  Right at this point I ran into someone that was Steven's age that I was friends with my freshman year of high school.  She was on swim team and in choir with me.  She is married with 3 cute little kids of her own.  That was really fun!
We were also able to get together with everyone on the Yorke side of the family on one of the Sundays that we were there.  Zachary was getting his Eagle Scout and they had the ceremony at G and G Yorke's house.  They had the boys that were scouts help with the flag ceremony.  It was fun to see how big everyone is getting these days!!  The kids all had a great time playing together.
Amber was in love with her cousin Zachary!!!  I can't believe that he is almost 17!!!!!  Where has the time gone?  He was just a little bitty thing when we got married all those years ago!  He was so sweet with Amber and played with her.  He played hide and go seek with her and all sorts of games.  He is certainly a good kid!
Okay, so not the best picture of Weston, but I wanted to include one that had Adara in it and Trevor too!  Adara is just older than Weston and Trevor is 12, so right there in between Weston and Brian's ages.  They are all getting to be so big!  Both Randy and LaMonte and their families just recently moved back into the area, so it was great to be able to have everyone all together again.
Poor little Evan.  By the time we got to the Court of Honor, he was just plum tuckered out!!!  This was the day before we left and our kids had run, run, run and had so much fun with both sides of the family, that our littlest ones were just so darn tired.  It was only 6pm, but as Evan sat with my on this chair, he fell fast asleep.  He looked like a little angel sleeping there, so I had to get a picture.
Here is Zachary doing his final scout oath before getting his Eagle!  It was so nice because Randy and Mary tried to include everyone in the ceremony.  I played the piano, Barth read a thing on the eagle as a symbol.  LaMonte gave a talk and so did Randy and Mary.  Grandpa conducted.  I can't remember what everyone else did, but it was very nice.

We had a great time visiting with Grandma and Grandpa Yorke.  The older kids enjoyed playing games and seeing their cousins.  There were so many nice days that we also enjoyed playing out in their back yard too.  It may have been a short visit, but it was very nice!

4 comments:

Debi said...

You almost got a picture of Randy there. Didn't you take a picture of Zachary with his parents? If so, you should post it. I haven't seen Randy & Mary in ages. :)

Debi said...

PS It looks like a very nice scout meeting. (Not nearly as crowded over there as at our house.)

All the boys in the family can now look up to their oldest cousin for having earned the rank of Eagle Scout, and follow his example. :)

Amanda said...

What an accomplishment! And how cool that you guys could do the ceremony at their house! I enjoyed all the pictures:) And Evan does look like an angel. Nothing like a sleeping picture of children:)

Kristie said...

No, I didn't get a picture of Randy, Mary, and Zachary. I wish that I had. I was just lucky that I thought to get any at all. My brain was just not firing on all thrusters most of the time that I was there.