background

Saturday, August 30, 2014

Around the house

 Life is back full swing into school mode over here at our house.  I forgot to post a picture of Weston on his first day of seminary!  Here he is getting ready to head out the door to that.  Seminary is held at the seminary teacher's house.  It takes 10 to 15 minutes to get there.  For right now, Weston has been getting a ride with a boy in the ward who is a senior at his same high school.  He then gets a ride to school from seminary with that same boy.  He is liking it so far.  This year they are studying the Doctrine and Covenants.  :)  We have been studying the same thing in our family scriptures, but we are almost done.  We only have about 10 more sections to go as a family!  :)
 I have been enjoying the last few days of having both Evan and Katelynn home.  We have been reading lots of books, doing puzzles, playing outside and going for walks to the park early (before the heat hits- it has been in the 90's here the last few weeks and super humid).  Katelynn has been on a bead kick lately.  She almost always has necklaces on these days!  :)  She loves all things girly!!  I am glad that I have 2 girly girls in the midst of all these boys at my house!
Evan has been playing Angry Birds most mornings too.  He loves to sit and do puzzles and can even do the 48 piece ones now!!!  But he loves to build different things with the few Angry Birds sets that we have.  This day he was doing the car launch one.  :)
 This week he will start pre-school.  We went this past week and saw the school and met his teacher.  She seems very nice.  His class is small and they have a new playground this year to play on.  While he was there he got to make a tiger craft, have some cookies, and see the library and centers room.  He thought that it was all pretty neat.  He will go Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays from 9-12.  I know he will have a good time.  This year is a busy one for me with lots of running around.  I have children at 4 different schools this year with 4 different pick up times as well as having one at home!  :)  These are the busy days for sure.  Katelynn is really going to miss having Evan at home to play with.  It will be strange to have just her at home.  The last time I had just only a baby at home was when Weston was little.  And even then I baby sat a few days a week.  Everyone is growing up!
 Around here there are LOTS of fossils!!  Evan has been on a fossil kick lately.  He found a big fossil rock in the yard and went to work "excavating" it with a little tool and paintbrush.  He was hoping that he might discover a dinosaur in it!  :)  I told him that there probably weren't any dinosaurs, but that he could find some cool shells and sea creatures.  And he did!  :)  So, now every time he goes outside, he finds all the fossil rocks he can.  These were the ones that he found this last week.  He wanted to line them all up to look at.  I just had to take a picture of his collection.
Katelynn thought that they were pretty cool too!  Evan told me that he named all of these fossils "Evan" except the last one.  That fossil's name is "Simon James Alexander Ragesdale III."  That is just like a song on one of our favorite cd's.  There is a song on the cd named "Bob" and in the song, the person has 15 animals and he names them all Bob except the turtle and he names that one Simon James Alexander Ragesdale III.  :)  Evan does love music!!!  I am thankful that I get to be at home to spend lots of time with my little (and not so little) ones!! 

2 comments:

Amanda said...

ahhhh. I loved this post:) It made me feel all sentimental with everyone growing up and changing! How nice that Weston can get a ride to Seminary and then to school! That helps out:)
I love all the updates:)

The fossils are VERY cool!!!! You guys have the best yard with all those woods and places to dig:)

Debi said...

Weston going to seminary!! Katelynn and her beads!! Evan and his fossils!! Great post!! :)