background

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

First Day of School 2014!

 I wasn't ready for school to start this year!!  Our summer was so busy and it just FLEW by this year!  But, ready or not, today was the first day of school!  There is no seminary this week- that starts up on Monday!  Middle school and high school start at the same time, so just before 7, the boys headed outside to snap a few pictures for me!  :)
 It is so hard for me to believe that Weston is now in high school!  He is mostly grown up now!!  So hard to believe!!!!!  He is a fine young man!  He has a full schedule this year with Wind Symphony band (the top band), honors Algebra II, honors Spanish II, AP Human Geography, and Biology.  Thankfully they have study hall!!  But I bet he is busy this year.  He also signed up to be on the speech and debate team and student council.  
 What a handsome 6th grader if I do say so myself!!!!  Brian is excited to be starting middle school!!  He will be playing trumpet in band this year and is so excited about that!  He has several teachers that Weston had and he is sooo happy about that.  :)  Brian is my child who loves to be involved.  I know he wants to do Odyssey of the Mind this year, but I bet once he gets into school and they start talking about other teams and groups, he will want to join!!  
 Just two in elementary school this year!!  Aaron is excited to be in 4th grade and getting to change classes for math and science!!  His homeroom teacher seems nice, but none of his brothers have had her before.  :)  The teacher that he has for math had both Weston and Brian.  She told him that he "had big shoes to fill" and that she expected great things from him.  He will not disappoint!  Amber's teacher seems nice as well.  She has another teacher we didn't know.  I bet by the time we are done with all our children going to this school, we will have had every teacher there is to have!!  :)  Amber was a little sad that there was only 1 person from her kindergarten class that was also in her 1st grade class.  She is so friendly and outgoing though that I am sure she will have made 10 new best friends by the end of the week.  All of the 1st grade classes have recess together, and she is excited about that!
 Aaron said to me yesterday as he was thinking about school, "Mommy, do you think that maybe I could do Odyssey this year?"  I told him yes, he probably could.  I tried to get him to do it last year since I was coaching, but he wasn't interested.  I think when we started having it and he saw how fun it was, he changed his mind!  :)
 When Amber got to school this morning, one of her good friends was having a hard time.  I suggested that Amber sit by her.  By the time they were called to line up for class, the other girl had no more tears!! I am thankful that Amber is such a good and kind girl.  I know Katelynn will really miss her when she is gone.  I think that the things that Amber is most excited about when it comes to school are that: she gets to go all day long, she no longer has to take a nap, and she gets to eat lunch in the cafeteria!!  :)
 Evan jumped into the middle of the picture and said, "Me too!  Me too!"  After we got home, Katelynn went down for a nap and we made pumpkin muffins!  He starts pre-school the day after Labor Day!
And, of course, we had to get one with our little KatieLynn in there too!!  Happy 1st day of school!!!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh wow! I can't believe its here already! They all looks so fresh and cute and excited and I am sure there were a few butterfly tummies too;). I swear I always got that feeling on the first day no matter how old I got. ... Even in college.......even as a teacher myself!
I love all their pictures and their cute smiling faces:)
Pumpkin muffins....yum!

Debi said...

Happy FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL! I love the boys shirts and Ambers pretty dress. I know it will be a good year. :) I can't believe how big they are getting. 5 years ago they were just babies!