background

Saturday, September 29, 2007

Brian's Party!!!

Today was Brian's Party!!! We went to Jump Zone which is a big wharehouse kind of a place that has all these jumpy things inside!! The party was for an hour and 45 minutes with jumping for the first hour and 15 minutes followed by cake and presents in the party room! Brian had a great time at the party. Almost all the kids in his class came and he was happy about that. Here are some pictures of Brian's fun day. Above is a picture of Brian going into his favorite jumpy thing....a dinosaur one!!
This is what the inside looked like (thanks Grandma for climbing in there to get the picture!!) This is Weston and Brian climbing the wall.
Amber was the dream baby throughout the party. She slept the ENTIRE time!! Didn't wake up once. I guess that we just need to make a tape of lots of noisy people and play it at night so that she will sleep as well then as she did this afternoon.
Aaron was a little leery of all the people. It didn't help that the party was in the middle of nap time. I thought that he might fall asleep, but he never did. He just went from laying on Grandma's shoulder, to Mommy's to Daddy's!!
Here is Brian after coming down one of the big slides that were there.

Weston had a great time too!! Everyone was pretty sweaty and tired after all that hard playing!!!
Brian coming down a huge slide. The doors that you see on the right hand side are the party rooms.
Here is the whole party gang!!! Barth had them do funny faces! Most of these kids are from Brian's primary class. The others are their siblings.
Here we are in the party room. In this picture there is a mystery child. He is the second one on the left. We are so new to the ward that we didn't realize that he didn't belong to anyone in our group. Most of the other people at the party were new too, and everyone just figured that he belonged to someone else. My visiting teacher was the one that discovered the little boy and we got the staff of the place to come and find the party that he belonged with. Oh my!!! He even enjoyed a juice box and ice cream before we discovered him!

Isn't Brian cute? Here he is getting ready to blow out the candles. He had such a great time being the center of attention. Grandma said that his smile was so big that it almost froze on his face!! The fun balloon hat that Brian has on was done by a guy in our ward. We had him come and make balloons for all the kids at the party. He even made a monkey for the kid who wasn't supposed to be there.
Opening presents....what a blast!!!
Weston and his balloon dog! Don't you love the blue mouth from the cake? Too bad you don't live here Jessie....I could have hired you to make the cake instead of having to buy one from Krogers!!!

Look....I am actually at the party!!! I got dressed and combed my hair for the occasion! :) This was the only way to go for a party right after having a baby by c-section. All I had to do was show up and bring the cake. Everything else was done by the staff. They even wrote down who gave Brian each gift!!
This was taken in the party room at the very end of the party. The kids all liked their fun balloons!! We had a great day!

5 comments:

Amanda said...

That looks like a great way to have a party:) I love his balloon hat that is so cool! I am glad his whole class came and that he had such a great time!!! That Dino rock wall climber looks really cool! I loved this blow by blow post:) HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRIAN!!!!!

Heather said...

What a fun birthday! How did you hold up Krisite? That's a long time to be up and about.

Kristie said...

I held up pretty good. I mostly just sat on the benches that they had!! :)

Melissa said...

That's so funny that there was a random little boy at the party! That's funny that he didn't even realize that he was at the wrong party!! I love looking at your blogs, Kristie! I'm sorry that I don't write more often... :( Little Amber should have been born to a better Auntie M than the one that she got...sorry! I love you, and thanks for such a funny, cute blog! :)

Jessica G. said...

Looks like an awesome party! And how nice of you to feed a complete stranger. :)

Hope Barth had a fun birthday, too!