
A few weeks back we decided to support a fellow ward member in their new video gaming business since they were just opening and had decided to stay closed on Sunday. Their first day open was a Monday, so we decided to try it out for
FHE. Basically the place was full of big TVs and different types of game systems. We are not big on the whole video game thing, so this was a BIG treat for the kids. We decided to give
the Wii a try. The boys wanted to do baseball and bowling. Weston and Brian played baseball first and after a few games decided to give Barth and I a try. All was going well. It was pretty fun. Those little remotes are cool, but I was
swinging mine just like I would a bat, kind of hard. Well, while I was up at bat, Weston decided to move where he was standing to get a better view of the things. I
swung, he moved, and my right hand connected with his head! He started crying, and my hand hurt like crazy. I had hit him HARD!!! Above is what happened to my ring during this little accident. I had to apply tons of soap just to get it off. Weston's head got a huge goose egg on it and the prongs on my ring cut him. I felt
SOOOO bad. Weston is a tough little guy though and after a few minutes and a few hugs and kisses was ready to move on. We spent the rest of the hour playing bowling which was really quite fun. Even with the accident it was still a fun night. I guess if we go again, I will have to remember to remove my rings and make sure to tell the kids to stay put!!! :)
5 comments:
Better watch out, the CPS will be after you pretty soon!! Glad Weston didn't suffer permanent injury.
Those Wii games can be dangerous....Molly and Matt have a Wii. I have only played it once---Tennis and Bowling. I liked bowing the best out of those 2. But I'd rather read a book:) Good thing no permanent damage was done!
Zoiks! You have to admit--that's pretty funny. ;-) He can forever tell about the time his mom busted her ring on his head now.
My poor little Weston-bug! I hope your hand is alright too, Kristie! Give Weston kisses from me and tell him Auntie M hopes his head doesn't hurt too much longer. :(
Oh no!! We've had similar experiences at our house with the Wii. But I gotta say...it only takes getting smacked once and you learn to be more careful!
And next time, try Wii Play. It has games that the kids will love (fishing, ping pong, cow racing) and not as much waving of the controller.
Post a Comment