background

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Beginning to look like Christmas!

It is beginning to look like Christmas here at our house. I got up the majority of our decorations this past weekend. We have Christmas things for just about every room in the house. You will have to make the picture above bigger if you want to see the things in the kitchen because they are just too small to see otherwise.
This little tree and I go way back. It was the tree that my mom sent my first year at BYU when all of my roommates left for Thanksgiving and I stayed. It was fun to get it out and set it up this year and think on the years past. The boys really like this little tree and Aaron kept wanting to take the little flower ornaments off and smell them. I tried to explain that these flowers didn't smell, but he simply wouldn't believe me. Once he gets an idea in his head, it is hard to convince him of anything else. :)

We have our Nativity on the mantle and our stockings. I put out my Christmas blanket and other fun Christmas things. This weekend we will go and pick out our tree!!!!! Then our family room will be complete!!!! Merry almost Christmas!!

6 comments:

Amanda said...

Very festive:) It was fun to see your house all decorated...I can imagine you guys all there now!

Debi said...

I love all the decorations! How about a picture of the tree in the piano room?

Kristie said...

When I posted this, I hadn't decorated that tree yet, but I did this afternoon. Perhaps I will post that one tomorrow!! :)

SOFTLEY FAMILY said...

You have quite the Christmas collection. I love your Christmas blanket. Did you make it? One of my most favorite things is to have the tree decorated and the lights in the house off and the tree lights glowing. Christmas is a cozy holiday.

Kristie said...

Jen, no my mom made it for me. I love snowmen!! I love to do the same with the lights at Christmas time too!

Annette said...

I like seeing the inside of your house.