background

Friday, April 22, 2011

Flip Flop



A few days ago, my good friend, Kim, came and showed me some cute little flip flops that her little girl got for her birthday last year and loved. Kim's MIL had paid $25 but Kim wanted to know if she thought that we could make them for less. I told her I knew we could for sure. So, Wednesday, I went and got the $1.39 girls flip flops at Hobby Lobby and today I cut up fabric that I already had to make these cute ones for Amber. Cutting and tying the strips took about 40 minutes. The bow took another 5. (or 10 minutes if you stretch it!!) I had the ribbon on hand too. So all in all, these cute little things hardly cost me a thing. It took less than a quarter of a yard of fabric for this size flip flop. I like them so much, I might even have to make her another pair!! :) Just thought I would share them!!

3 comments:

Debi said...

I love them, they are really cute!!!! :) I wonder how Kims will turn out.

Amanda said...

ADORABLE:)

Melissa said...

I love flip flops like that! :) One year for girls camp, all the YW in our ward made matching flip flops from cut up material too, and we all just brought our own pair of flip flops to decorate. It was so much fun! Yours look fancier though, because you added the bow to them. They are really cute!!! :) I love them!