background

Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Who knew?!?

So, a few weeks back (okay so it was almost a month ago now, but who's counting!) I took Amber in to the dr's office for a cough that she had been struggling with for over 3 weeks. We saw our favorite doctor in the practice, who also happens to live in our neighborhood and has kids the same ages as Weston and Brian. Somehow in the course of the conversation, he happened to say that I should just take the kids to go ride the penny horses at Meijer (a store here that is similar to Wal-Mart) for some good, cheap fun. I just looked at him with skepticism and asked what in the world he was talking about. He said that they had the little ride on horses that you could ride for just a penny. I thought for sure he was teasing or something, so just to be sure, the next week when I needed some things from the store, I headed to Meijer just to see if they really did have penny horses. And they do!!!!!! (click on the picture of Amber to read the wording under the 1 cent sign. It makes me laugh!) I snapped a few pictures of Amber and Evan riding. They don't play music or anything, but you get a good, decent ride for a penny. Not only that, but the horse machine is so full of pennies that as soon as that horse starts to move, pennies fall out, so you can have a ton of rides for free. Just keep picking up the pennies that fall out and put them back in for another ride. Amber thought that it was so fun that I just kept letting her ride that horse over and over and over again!!!!! We probably stood there for 10 minutes riding the horse. We would have moved if someone else came along that wanted to ride, but we had gone in the morning when the store was still relatively empty. The next time we go in for a check-up I will have to thank our doctor for that great tip about the horse. And I think that I may just have to go to Meijer more often to shop when I have the little ones in tow. It makes the shopping trip more fun if they know that they get to ride the horse at the end!!!! :)

2 comments:

Melissa said...

How fun!!! :) Who wouldn't love riding horses? :) They must take after Auntie M. :) That's a nice doctor to mention the penny horses to you guys. I'm glad that they have some neat, inexpensive rides there...now we just need those here in Texas! :)

Debi said...

Cute pictures! :)