background

Wednesday, August 01, 2007

The Articles of Faith

In Primary there has been a big push for the children to learn and pass off the Articles of Faith. Weston and Brian both have been really excited about learning them. We have been learning a new one every week as part of FHE so that Brian can pass them off as well. Weston has a very good memory and can just look at them once or twice and have them down cold, but Brian has had to work a little harder at his. It has been so fun to see how excited the boys are about learning and passing off their articles of faith. Since they are so excited about it and we are so proud of them for doing such a great job, I took some video clips of them doing their articles this past Sunday after church. Brian passed off the 6th article this week and Weston did the 13th. I couldn't figure out how to put words with the little videos that I uploaded, so this post is describing what is going on in the next 2 posts. And yes, Weston's mouth really is all blue, it's not your screen!! It is from the ring pop that he got for passing off his article of faith on Sunday. The kids pass off an article of faith to a member of the primary presidency and then get a ticket which they take to the bishop for a treat!! Oh, and I have to mention that Brian is the youngest one in our primary that has passed off any articles of faith!!!!

11 comments:

Debi said...

Those were such cute video clips! Why don't you make one of little Aaron for us, too? Now that I know I can download them even though it takes a while, at least I would have a little clip to enjoy of Aaron,too.

I'm sorry Brian is sick again. I had a a really "sick" thought (no pun intended)...at least you aren't in the middle of closing on your house today.

Kristie said...

Very true! We should count our many blessings huh? It just seems so hard to believe that he is throwing up again when he was sick just one week ago!!!!! I am glad that we are not trying to close and paint and move and be totally out of this apartment when Brian is sick!!!!!!

Jenny Jensen said...

I think having a clip of aaron would be awesome too... i haven't met him either!!

Jessica G. said...

Hey, where did you get the lesson plans for the AofF FHEs? I think we ought to try something like this and not just because I am having a hard time remembering them...

Kristie said...

Jessie- we just did them ourselves, no plans. We talk about them a little bit and what each one means each week before we learn it and then just kind of made learning/reciting them part of the routine. We usually work on them right after the lesson part. There are actually songs for them too that are in the Children's songbook that make them easier to learn for the kids!!

Shelly's Space said...

Kristie, you are wondeful mom!! With all you have been going through, you are doing an amazing job with your boys!!

Keep the Faith!!

Get well soon Brian........

Amanda said...

Steve just did something to mess up the sound on our computer! So I can't hear them yet!.....but hopefully soon! Pierce really wanted to hear them talk also:) We played the videos with no sound anyway! That new camera of yours takes great video clips too:) What kind did you get????

Sorry to hear that poor Brian is sick again:(

Kristie said...

Amanda, it is a Canon Power shot. I really like it!

Amanda said...

Kristie---Our camera is the Canon Power shot A85 (4.0 mega pixles) Yours must be a much newer better one! I don't like mine much---plus the lense cover has been broken for like a year now. Mine seems to take forever to take a picture and some of my pictures have just turned out so bad lately:( Maybe it just has seen it's better days!

Annette said...

That is just terrific! Kate and Jared memorize them by listening to the Primary CD's with the A of Faith songs. It is very helpful. Cute videos!

Amanda said...

I still can't hear it----The sound is still messed up on our computer and Steve is out of town. He stayed up all night trying to fix it---but no luck yet:(