background

Saturday, August 18, 2007

Uncle Aaron Fishing Fling!!!

Since tomorrow will be Uncle Aaron's birthday, we honored him today by having the 2nd annual Uncle Aaron Fishing Fling!! Mom, Dad, Steven, Amanda and Pierce had one in TX in the morning but ours was held in the afternoon. We were not sure if we were going to be able to have ours today since this morning Brian was still woozy from the sedation of the MRI and seemed to have croup!!! He got better as the day went on though. The children's hospital called this afternoon to see how Brian was recovering and I mentioned that he seemed congested and croupy. The nurse said that was perfectly normal after the kind of sedation that he had received and the croup would start to lessen within 24 hours. So, now knowing that he was A-okay, we headed out to a "lake" near our place. It wasn't a lake really. More like a really large pond, but it had fish and that was all that mattered!! We found a great spot that wasn't really near to anyone else and had lots of shade!! We had a lot of fun fishing and remembering Uncle Aaron!!!! This first set of pictures are while we are getting ready. Enjoy!!!

Aaron headed down to check out the water!! Is he excited or what?!!!
There was this nice picnic table that was great for getting everything ready to fish. I couldn't find the hooks and bobbers and things that I have (must be in boxes somewhere...it's the story of my life!!!) so we made a quick trip to Wal-Mart for the needed tackle!!! The table was great for getting the poles all ready with the weights and swivels and hooks and things that we had just bought. Plus, it was shady!!!
The boys thought that it was fun to throw numerous rocks into the water at the lake. We told them that it would scare the fish away, but they didn't care. Rocks and lakes and boys just go together!!!!!
Tossing in the rocks while Mommy fixes up the poles!!!
Here are the boys holding up the new bobbers that I got. They are smiley face bobbers!!!!!! I just couldn't resist when I saw them!
For about the first hour that we were there, we saw this deer that was directly across the lake from us. It was eating grass and drinking from the lake. It was very cool!!!! There were also quite a few ducks on the lake too, but we didn't get pictures of them.


4 comments:

Jessica G. said...

I just love that your family does this! What a great way to honor your brother!

Debi said...

What a great pond!! Uncle Aaron would have loved it!! I love the picture of you and the boys with your bobbers! You ARE getting bigger now! That dear reminded me of that one spring break at Inks Lake when there were so many dear that they would let us pet them....

Amanda said...

That deer is so neat!!!!! And after looking at all this it seems like Aaron will need his own fishing pole now:) P even loves fishing with his at home. In the old house it was a bit more fun b/c he would throw it over the railing in the loft and I would be his "catch" and pull and yank on the pole while he struggled to reel the "fish" in:)

grammie said...

You have such a great little family! It looks like you all had a wonderful time and it is neat that you are following the tradtion of celebrating Aaron's life. I love reading your blog and keeping up with the adventures of the Yorke family. Nancy