background

Friday, October 12, 2007

Amber's New Bed

Alas, Amber has turned into one of my regular babies ~ you know, the kind that fusses and cries with bubbles and won't sleep unless she is held. We have this very nice bassinet that we bought before she was born and she will sleep a total of about 5 minutes in it before waking up. However, she does sleep relatively well in her car seat. It just seems so darn uncomfortable to me and so I bought this new little thing today to see if she will sleep better in it at night. So far she has been asleep for over an hour, so I guess that time will tell. It is a pretty cool little thing. It is kind of like a little hammock/ sling thing (more like a bouncy chair) but lays more flat than a bouncy chair. It also rocks back and forth or side to side. I'll let you know after tonight if I think that it works. As a side note, I am bummed that Amber will NOT take a cute little MAM binky. She hates it!!! She just spits it out time after time and gags. Too bad. All she likes are those little hospital blue ones. I did get her to take a nuk one today though. Oh well....I guess she has plenty of other cute little girl things!!! :)

4 comments:

Amanda said...

I hope the chair does the trick! Molly had a chair very similar and Ben did like it for a while:) Although hers did not rock...it just did a soft vibration and did play music if you wanted it to. It also was pretty flat like yours. I wish you lived here I could let you use all of my and Molly's baby things! Of course if you lived here your stuff probably wouldn't be in storage so you wouldn't need to borrow them anyway! I still love seeing Amber in PINK stuff:)

Kristie said...

I said that I would give an update on how Amber slept last night in her new bed thing....well...last night was not a good night to tell as she didn't sleep much at all no matter where she was. She wouldn't sleep in the bassinet, or the new bed or her car seat or our arms really. It was one of those great nights to be sure!!!! Let's hope that tonight is better for everyone!

Amanda said...

:( I hope tonight is MUCH, MUCH better for you and Amber!

Debi said...

Sorry to hear Amber is having Grandma withdrawal symptoms or Whitley genes, or something.... I hope she is better but since you haven't blogged about it, I am assuming things are not going swimmingly. Seems strange not to have talked to you today after being together for so many weeks! I have to say that you can't really tell anything about the new "bed" because of the huge big blanket saying over the top of it! I hope Sunday goes well for you guys...especially Amber.