background

Friday, February 22, 2008

Feb. 22, 2008
Dear Family and friends,
Well, this week has not been all that exciting for us. I am a bit out of sorts as of late, so I think that this letter will more than likely be short. Here is the run down on what is happening at our house this week.
School is out again today. It is the 8th time so far this school year. Did you know that when it rains and then sleets and then has freezing rain on top of that that what was once snow becomes the consistency of a snow cone? That is what is on the ground outside right now. It is sleeting and we are having freezing rain. It is currently about 18 degrees!! They even dismissed school early yesterday due to the yucky weather. The roads are a mess.
Weston is good. He is excited about the upcoming book fair at school. He is always excited when it comes to books! They are learning all about voting at school right now. He came home the other day and told me that there were 2 people running for president.....one was a black man and the other was a woman. When I said that those were the people running for the democratic ticket and that there were others running for the republican ticket, he was sure that I was wrong. Oh my!!! The teacher is always the smart one!!!! :)
Brian learned about the presidents this past week at preschool. (although he only went 2 days because of weather and holidays) He brought home a picture that he had colored of George Washington. I told him to go and show Daddy what a great job he had done on it. When Barth saw it, he asked Brian if he knew who that person was. As proud as could be he said, "That is one of our prophets!!!!!!" So funny!
Aaron continues to potty train. As long as I remember to take him, he does a great job. When I don't.....he doesn't!! Oh well!! He continues to be happy and a good helper. Whenever he gives Amber a toy, he turns to me and says, "I a GOOD helper! Um, hum!" Then he shakes his head yes!
Amber can now roll over and over. She has only done it a few times, and is always surprised when it happens. I think that it is about time to give up the swing since she can sit all the way forward and grab onto the bars. Her new found love is her thumb!! It is so cute to see her stick it in her mouth. She can now also take her binky out and then put it back in!! She masters new skills every day.
My excitement this week was that I went to the doctor. I hate going, so this was big for me!!! :) I have had a lump in my hand since December that I wanted someone to take a look at so I bit the bullet and went yesterday. It is probably just a ganglion cyst. It is harmless although it can be painful and it is a little in my case. They took some x-rays and did some blood work to make sure that all was fine and I will have the results back on Monday but am not worried. Right now the course of action is to just wait and see if it will resolve on its own. If it gets larger, more painful, or gets in the way (of like playing the piano) I could have it removed by a surgeon. I think I'll just wait for the time being!!!!!! :)
Barth is good. Just working like crazy to support our family. He is the one that gets to brave most of the weather since he has to travel to work!!! When he is home, he plays with the boys and takes lots of shifts with Amber in the night!!!! I don't think I could survive without him!!! If I did, I would be a zombie from lack of sleep!
Well, that is it for us this week. We hope that everyone had a good week. We love you all!!!! Till next week.......
Love,
Kristie

3 comments:

Amanda said...

That is too cute about the George Washington picture.....and it is so true that kids believe what they "think" they heard at school from their teachers more than there parents! Why is that?! I can't believe it is so cold there and sleeting! It is cold here today too...but in a few days it will be in the 70's!

Debi said...

I remember when you kids were in elementary school and thought your teachers were the smartest most correct people in the world, too. Somehow, it made me a little sad...but of course, I got over it :)

Jessica G. said...

Hey, book fairs were my favorite time, too! I usually got one book and then maybe a bookmark or a pencil.
I like these letters. Good idea!