background

Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Today's project

I have been looking for a cute bumper pad for Amber's crib for a while. (Not that she sleeps in her crib!) Anyway, I was not willing to pay tons of money for one when I had one that I used for the boys that would work. I guess that I am just too practical or something. Anyway, I went looking for fabric and decided that it was just as expensive to buy the fabric to make a bumper as it was to buy one. Then my mom suggested that I look at sheets. I found these cute heart twin sheets on sale and today I made the bumper out of the top sheet!! Granted, the crib sheets that I bought a while ago don't match this new bumper, but I still think that it looks cute and girly for the right price!! And there was even enough of the heart sheets left over that I can make some matching curtains. :)
And here is the close up of the bumper pad.

5 comments:

Debi said...

Kristie, The new bumber pads are PERFECT! You didn't mention in the posting that the old boys bumper pads were ripped up so you just took the cover off and recovered the old one.

Amanda said...

so creative:) The hearts are cute! Now if you can just get her to sleep in there right:) LOL! My child didn't sleep in his crib till 7.5 months.....

Jessica G. said...

I made the Boy's bumper, curtains, and a throw pillow because I am absolutely wacko. And I thought it would be cute, save money, blah blah blah. It does look cute (except if you notice how crooked the detail work is on the bumper...) but it didn't really save money. Wish I had know about the sheets!

Annette said...

Very creative, I am impressed.

Jody said...

SOOOO CUTE!!! I made Ryans bumpers and bed skirt and curtains for his room. Not that I wanted to save money but I couldn't find anything else I liked. I found some baseball material and Golden loved it so I made them. I think they turned out cute as long as you con't look too close:)