Amber had her 12 month check up today. All went well. She looked fine and everything. She had actually lost weight since the last time that they saw her. She was 22 lbs, 10 oz today (80%). She also hadn't grown much. She was 28.5 inches. That took her from the 67th percentile last time to the 25th percentile today. Looks like I am going to have a repeat of Aaron on my hands. :) That is okay, small is easier to carry!!! Anyway, she got some of her shots today too. And this is why I titled the post the way I did. While I was there they told me that Amber needed to have her chickenpox vaccine today. I said that, while I did get that shot, I got it much later for my kids, closer to the time that they began school. The doctor politely told me that while she understood my reasoning, the policy of the practice was that if my child was not fully vaccinated on their schedule, I would be dismissed from the practice the next time I came in after she was 15 months old. For me, this was just the last straw with this practice. There are some doctors there that I really like, but I am now on the hunt for a new pediatrician. I need one that works well with my personality and thinking. I need one that is good and has rights to the children's hospital. I need one that doesn't have 17 doctors in the practice (like this one does) so that I can actually get to know my doctor!!!!! Here's hoping that I can find a good one soon!!!!!
4 comments:
Oh man! I understand! GOOD LUCK!
Love those pigtails!! :)
Oh my goodness Kristie she is SO CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Good luck trying to find a doctor!
Kristie- Summit Medical in Union. They are the best!! They have rights to Children's as well as St. Elizabeths. The doctor that all three of my kids see is Dr. Fitz. He is great. He has small children, so he is quite understanding and compassionate. I love him!! Call me and we'll talk.
Post a Comment