background

Thursday, September 25, 2008

My life

Isn't it funny how life is? Really, there is always something to do. Someplace to go. Someone to serve. Most days I am exhausted, but it is a good exhausted. It seems like there are so many days, or weeks when there is someone sick, or in need of something at my house. You know, the usual stuff.

But yesterday morning as I was cleaning up the last of the morning dishes before my visiting teachers came, I thought to myself how relatively calm my life had been as of late. No one had been sick. Everyone now sleeps though the night. My house stays relatively clean most days, and if there is a mess, I now have good, big helpers to give me a hand. Barth hasn't been traveling nearly as much. Things really were hum-drum, easy and wonderful.

And so, I guess that the Lord heard my pondering yesterday and decided that I needed a day of spice today. The morning was spent running errands. After that we picked up Brian from school. While I was making lunch, Brian decided that it would be a fun game to lasso his younger brother with the jump rope. I told him that it was not a good idea and that he needed to put the rope away before someone got hurt. Too Late!!!! Aaron decided at that exact moment to try to step out of the rope and fell with a thud. He cried for a solid 45 minutes. Wouldn't even eat lunch. Wouldn't walk, but finally did decide to take a nap. During this time I decided to call the dr's office to see if I should just give it time, or take him in. They said to bring him in. My afternoon was spent running to the dr's office, and going for an x-ray. We made it home just in time to eat a quick sandwich and head out the door to basketball practice. On the way to practice, we got the good news that it wasn't a break. Thank goodness!!

And so after a little bit more of a busy day today, I decided that both ways are nice. It is nice to have hum-drum and it is nice to have some spice too. I wouldn't trade my life for anything. There really is nothing like being a mother and wife. Some may find it dull and say they are unfulfilled by not working outside the home, but I say that it is just the perfect mix of everything!!! I am thankful for my life just the way it is!!!!

3 comments:

ProudDaddy said...

I guess you also learn that when it seems that things are going great and everything is nice and realitively peaceful, that you only think "this is great". You never say it or write it down. Im glad that Aaron is ok. And at least Brian didn't say "come ro the sound of my voice".

Amanda said...

I am glad Aaron was okay!!!! I agree that I am very grateful to be at home:) I'll admit some day's I don't feel fulfilled and miss teaching and having a job and talking to adults and receiving positive feedback for all the work I do...but I could never and will never leave my kids:) There is no more important work in the world! There are many more good days than bad and they make up for the mid numbing ones!

Debi said...

I've missed talking to you the past two days. I'm sorry I didn't want to talk during the debate but...you know I want to be in the KNOW, and there's a lot going on in this country of ours right now. What did Aaron almost break? I'm glad he's okay. :)