Okay, well, it was a suit really, but let me start at the beginning......
First let me start by saying that I feel I am a pretty self-sufficient kind of gal most of the time. I can fix lots of things. I paint. I shovel snow. I can assemble lots of things....in short, I am my father's daughter, and so I am not one to usually ask for help. That being said, Barth loves to help me and do things for me. And I love to be helped by him. He takes prodigious care of me when I am sick. When I am having a bad day, he is the first to suggest that I get out on my own or take a nice hot bath. But today, he was my knight in shining armour. This Sunday morning started out like any other. Barth left early to get to his bishopric meeting and I hung around to get everyone else ready. (By the way, I LOVE the new time of 11:30!! It makes it much easier to get everyone ready and out the door on time!) At 10 minutes till 11, we headed out the door to church. Our building is a half hour away. As you know, it has been snowy here lately. All the roads are pretty well clear. They were all clear on the way to church except for the church parking lot. The bad thing about here is that it is hilly. Hilly and snow/ice don't really go together. Especially when you have a van with not that great of traction to begin with. Our parking lot has a V sort of strange entrance. You are supposed to go up one side, and when you exit, you are supposed to go down the other side. Anyway, as I turned to go up (and I mean up as in a hill, up) into the parking lot, someone from the other ward decided that they wanted to come down the "up way" since the other side was all snowy. They just kept coming toward me and there was no place for me to go except to try to pull as far to the right as I could to let them pass. I couldn't back up, there were cars on the road that I had just turned off of, speeding past. That was when in happened. My van got stuck. Good and stuck. After the other car passed, I tried to go. My tires just spun and spun. So I tried to back up, same thing.....more spinning. It seems that as I pulled to the side, I actually got my right tires into the foot deep snow. So, with 10 minutes to go before church, and all the other cars just whipping right past me into the parking lot, I called upon my knight to rescue me. I called him twice (our emergency signal to each other), knowing that he was still in meeting, but that he would call back in just a moment as soon as he stepped out. He called back and I asked him to come outside to figure out my stuck car. I must tell you that I have never been so happy to see my sweet hubby slipping and sliding in his church shoes and suit, walking toward my car. In no time at all, he had somehow managed to back the van up and get us up the parking lot. He parked us and then helped us safely inside. I was rescued and so thankful!!!
Perhaps this may not seem like much to some, but to me, it was like my knight in shining armour had come to rescue me. More than the fact that he saved me from this awful snow drift, it reminded me that Barth is always there to help me. He is always willing and happy to help me through whatever trial I have. I am so thankful to have such a wonderful and loving husband. The Lord has truly blessed me!
3 comments:
Glad you all were saved! YEAH Barth:) I can't believe no other men in the parking lot came to offer help while you were waiting! If you guys end up staying there your next car might have 4 wheel drive...LOL!
Hooray for husbands!
I just love it when my man comes to my rescue, too. Kinda makes you feel like the damsel in distress.
Thanks for sharing that great story about such an exciting rescue! :) Barth gets brownie points from the mother-in-law! :)
Post a Comment