background
Friday, February 27, 2009
On our way up
I hope! Brian seems to be feeling quite a bit better this morning. It was tough go of things for just a bit this morning, but it seems (for the moment) that his fever is gone and that perhaps he is on the mend. I will never say for sure that a fever is gone until later on that evening. I have had one too many times that it seems to be gone and all better, only to get worse again as the evening wears on. In all honesty, I was fully expecting to go to the hospital this morning with Brian. He was very dehydrated and not doing well. He lost over 3 lbs. I didn't think that he was going to make it through this one without some IV fluids. I am SOOO happy to be wrong. As of right now, his numbers are back in the 80's and 90's which is right where he is supposed to be at!! Even if it is just a reprieve before the next wave hits, I am thankful to have it! Early this morning when I took Brian's blood sugar and it was 51, I told him he had to have a popsicle and Gatorade so that his blood sugar would go up. I said that if those numbers didn't stay up, he would need to go in to the dr and possibly the hospital. (50 is the very lowest that I am supposed to go to at home without a trip to the dr or ER) A few minutes later, Brian whispered down to me, as I was laying next to his bed, that everything would be okay. He told me that he had prayed that his temperature would go up so that he wouldn't have to go to the hospital. :) It seems as if Heavenly Father knew what he was talking about, even though the terminology was wrong. His blood sugar has continued to go up and he has once again dodged the hospital!!! Thank goodness. Oh, the faith of a child!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Amen to that!
I'm so glad that things are looking up right now. I'll keep Brian in my prayers til he's definitely better.
So Sweet:) I am so glad he is doing better:)
And I meant to thank everyone for their prayers in Brian's behalf!! I know that the prayers and the blessing that he got are what helped him through his rough time!!!
Just an idea I thought of--can't the doc. give him a medication to help with nausea (like phenergan) when he comes down with something like that. Since his condition is so severe when he starts to throw up?
I am sure you guys have already thought about this--but I thought I'd just throw it out there:)
Amanda- thanks for the thought. Usually he does get Phenergen, but this particular strain of virus was both vomiting and diarrhea and I can't use the medicine sopositories with the diarrhea. That is partially what made this time around so bad. Thankfully he is on the mend now. I can't tell you how relieved I am!!!
I'm glad Brian successfully weathered another virus and am also relieved that you and Barth survived, too.
I had not idea it was the both ends virus! Oh MY! Well--I am glad you made it:) And of course I knew you and the doc. already had thought of the med's:)
Post a Comment