background

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Half way there tomorrow!!

A while ago I posted about our nightly scripture study that we had started. Our bishop handed these out at church and they are a flip chart to help us read the entire Book of Mormon in 100 days! When we decided to read it as a family, Barth gave us 5 "repentance" days. So far we have only had one (the night of the talent show) and that means that tomorrow night we will be at the half way mark!!!! The kids want to have a party tomorrow since we will be half way there. If Amber gets better, I think that I may just have to make some cake or cupcakes to celebrate.

4 comments:

Jessica G. said...

You should have only HALF a cake, since you're only halfway there!

Debi said...

Kids can get a lot more out of hearing the scriptures read out loud than most people realize. I know Melissa loved the scriptures at that age, too. :) There are so many fancy things for kids these days, but back in the 1800's when Joseph Smith had the revelation to restore the church, many if not most families in America had the habit of reading the Bible every night with their family.

Amanda said...

That is a really cool little book! I say CELEBRATE! I hope Amber gets well for you:)

Annette said...

Half way there, way to go! We have been reading the Book of Mormon outloud to the kids since Jared was born and we are still not finished it (that would be six and a half years!!). 100 days, Wow.