background

Friday, March 06, 2009

Talent Show Pictures

Tonight was Weston's talent show! He had to be there at 6:25 for the show to start at 7. We got there at about 6:20 and found our seats in the gym for the show. It was a packed house!!! We got pretty good seats since we got there early, but it was a long night for the little ones. They had some fun music going before the show. Here I am trying to keep Amber from pitching a fit by doing the YMCA with her arms. They thought that this was a lot of fun.
Weston sat not too far in front of us on the floor. He had so much fun dancing away and shaking his pom pom to the music. I think that in a lot of ways it helped him to not be nervous tonight. They had 2 small stages set up on either side of the main stage. It made things run faster that way.
Brian thought that doing the YMCA was about the best thing that he had ever done. Sitting right behind us was the family of a girl in Brian's class. She sang Bibbity Bopitty Boo. It was really cute!
More of Weston dancing before hand.
Here is Weston right as they were announcing his name. I got a video too that I will upload later. Weston did a great job. He was one of the only ones that had his piece memorized. I was proud of what a great job he did. He kind of gets stage fright, but you would have never known it seeing him up there tonight. :) Weston was act 16 out of 70. We thought that we would try to stay for the whole thing, but when intermission came, Amber had been crying for at least an hour, Aaron was falling asleep sitting up, and it was already 8:30. At that point I just didn't think that they would make it all the way to 9:30. (actually it would have probably have been more like 10!) As we were leaving, there were more people streaming in for the seats that were being vacated!! All in all, it was a great night!!! Way to go Weston!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

WAY TO GO WESTON! I can't wait to see the video:)

I can imagine that would be a VERY long night with Amber & Aaron!

Melissa said...

Yay! I'm so proud of my oldest nephew for being such a big boy! :) I loved the pictures!!! Thanks for posting, Kristie! :)

Debi said...

Looks like you guys had a great night! One of many talent shows for the Yorke kids.... :) (I was thinking I remember when you were the drum major and all the band played YMCA....I loved those days)