background

Friday, July 12, 2013

Just another beautiful Summer day

 We are having a beautiful Summer day here today.  We played outside all morning long.  :)  The high today is not supposed to get up to 80.  Our weather the last few weeks has been hot and muggy, so today was a welcome change.  My windows are open and I am enjoying the fresh air.  So is Miss Katelynn.  Here she is swinging away at lunch time.  She doesn't like the bouncer, or the glider, but she does tolerate this swing that we got from a friend from church.  Sometimes she likes it, and other times she screams.  Lunch time was a "like it" time!  Thank goodness!!  :)
 Her rashes are getting better.  I was missing Momma today.  I was wishing that she was still here to sit outside with me all morning long and watch the kids playing.  This buzzy bee outfit that I dressed Katelynn in was from her when I had Amber.  So it also made me think of her.  
 The kids all had a grand time playing outside this morning.  They all need haircuts.  Hopefully I can get those done this weekend.  Evan is such a good helper to me with Katelynn.  Where ever she is, he comes to talk to her and pat her.  He is such a good big brother!
 Here is my almost birthday boy!!!  :)  It is hard to believe that he will be 8 years old a week from today!  Where has the time gone to?  Aaron is such a good and loving boy!  His baptism is set for August 3rd.  I know it will be a good day!
 Weston lead the kids in all sorts of games outside today.  He and I played basketball for a bit while Katelynn was sleeping in the stroller.  He beat me in the game of HORSE that we played!!  He is a pretty good little player!!  He also pushed Evan on the swing for me when Katelynn was fussing.  He is such a great helper!
 Brian here is engaged in one of my kids' favorite activities- reading!!  They all love to read, Brian especially.  We went to half price books the other day and Brian got a new book.  He had the entire thing read before he went to bed!!  He is a good reader.  He is also an excellent helper.  :)  Most times when I am out and about with just the kids, Weston rides up front and Brian rides next to Katelynn in the van.  She screams and screams, and he sings to her and tries to calm her down.
And here is my apple queen!  I think we go through about 2 to 3 bags of apples a week!!  She loves to eat apples and so does Evan!  I can't believe that Amber will be starting Kindergarten here in just over a month!  She is looking forward to it and hopes that she will see some of the kids that she was friends with in preschool.  Everyone that she meets, she tells that she is going to share a room with her sister!  She can't wait till we move Katelynn into her room.  :)  Last night Katelynn slept for 6 hours straight!!!  I couldn't believe it!  I am sure that it probably won't happen again, but it was nice for one night!  

2 comments:

Debi said...

I love this post. Katelynn looks even bigger today. That is a super good picture of Evan! I miss everyone. I want to come back and sit on the driveway and watch the kids picnic in the back yard again. (Napkins, my dear....give the kids napkins, so they can wipe the PB off their faces to please grandma. :)

Amanda said...

Love the update on everyone! Katelynn is changing with every picture;) Here's to hoping you get another 6 hour sleep stretch!