background
Friday, October 19, 2007
11 PM Adventure!!!!!
Last night I was feeding Amber and Barth was watching a football game at about 11 pm. I was planning on heading to bed after Amber was all fed, when across the TV screen there was a tornado warning flash. Tornado watches don't bother me at all since that just means that the conditions are right for a tornado, but a warning is a different matter. That means that either the clouds are circling or a tornado has been spotted!!! We knew that there was bad weather headed our way, but didn't know when it would hit. We changed the channel to the emergency channel to find out that WE were in the area that just had the tornado warning issued for. So, we got up the kids and loaded everyone into the bathroom. Brian was not happy about having been woken up from sound sleep and wanted to know why he had to sleep in the bathtub!!! Weston just kept making jokes about how he was going to turn on the water and get everyone wet. Thankfully there was no tornado!!! I was SO GLAD for that!!!! However, the warning stayed in effect for about a half hour because there was one bad cell followed by another!!! It was certainly an adventure!! On the way to school this morning Weston said that he was going to tell his class how silly we all were to be in the tub in the middle of the night!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
How CRAZY and SCARY! I am glad you didn't really have a tornado:) Too bad it had to come in the middle of the night and you had to wake the boys:( Weston probably just thinks it's great that he has something "cool" to share with his friends at school!
That's scary!!! Once when we had some tornado problems in Vancouver, I was so scared I slept underneath the stairs for a week!! There never was a tornado that touched down by us, but there were a couple tiny ones in Oregon.
Holy Cow!! I can't believe that you guys had a tornado warning in Kentucky!!!! (Man, it seems like no matter where you go, you can't avoid those "Texas" tornadoes!! lol) That was so funny about Brian and Weston's reactions to the warning...especially Brian's reaction...that just cracked me up!! :) Thank goodness no one got hurt!
Post a Comment