background

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

On My Own!!!!

Today I am all on my own. I was VERY sad yesterday when Momma left!!! It was sad this morning when little Aaron woke up and ran out of his room calling, "Grandma!!" just to find that she was gone. I reminded him that we had taken her to the airport yesterday and he just looked at me and said, "Grandma come back?" It about made me cry to say that no, she had gone home. We had a great visit and I am sad that she is gone. The picture above is of the night before she left. We went to dinner on the Ohio river and I had to get a picture of the boys and Grandma!! Thanks for all your help these last few weeks Momma!! We enjoyed having you here.
Here is a picture of Momma, me and Amber the night before she went home! Amber actually sleeps best in her carrier (must be because she loves pink and wants to be surrounded by it all the time. :) Ha! Ha!) I already miss her extra set of hands helping to burp Amber and help me with the boys!!!
On the way home from the airport I picked up this swing. Since mine is in storage, I needed something to help me since Momma was gone. I got this at the resale shop that I like. The batteries in it still worked even, so it was quite a deal! I wondered if Amber would like it....
I guess that she did. This is what she looked like after 5 minutes in her new swing!!!!
Lastly, isn't this the sweetest picture ever? Brian had a big evening tonight. He went for testing for the school district's preschool program. We are hoping that he will get in so that he can get some help with his speech. He had lots of fun, but the testing took over an hour. They tested his physical skills, hearing, speaking, development, cognitive, eyes, and other things. He did excellent on everything except the speech. After the speech testing, they decided to have him tested further. He will be having an articulation test sometime in the following weeks to see if he will qualify for the program. We are crossing our fingers and hoping for a yes!!! Brian thought that the evening was a success, especially since everyone thought that he was so cute and he got a popsicle at the end!!!

6 comments:

Annette said...

Darling pictures.

On your own now, that's ok, you can do it!! It must have been a great help to have your Mother around.

Amanda said...

I hope that you are doing okay on your own today! I know it might take a while to get used to that! I hope that Brian gets into the speech program. You will have to explain more about it if he gets in.

Amanda said...

BTW I forgot to say that you don't even look like you just had Amber!!! You look great:)

Debi said...

I MISS you and all the little chickadees! Give them a big hug and kiss from grandmaw (as Aaron calls me). We will see other again in the blink of an eye!! I love you!

Debi said...

Oh, and the little swing you got looks like it is doing the trick even better than me....Brian looks SOOOOO sweet!! Although no matter how sweet he looks, I KNOW he will be up at the crack of dawn the next day.... :)

Melissa said...

Those are SUCH sweet pictures! I'm so glad that I got to talk to you today, Kristie!! You are such a great big sis! :) I hope that you don't get too worn out now that Momma isn't there to help you out...it looks like that swing will come in handy starting right now!! I hope that everything works out for Brian to get into the Pre-school! Give all the boys a big hug and kiss from me, and give Amber a cuddle, hug and kiss. :) And if you feel a ghost of a hug and kiss when you read this, know that I sent YOU a hug and a kiss too!!! :) I love you! -Kiddo