background

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Feeling a little better

I am feeling a little bit better today. I am not sure if I am really feeling better, or if it is just that I have to be better because Barth has gone back to work and I have to function as a mommy and do things. Luckily we are having our second snow day in a row (although there isn't much snow- just a huge sheet of ICE covering everything!!) and so I have the help of Weston and Brian today. But I have loads of laundry to be done and the house needs to be cleaned! I think that when I have to get up and get going it helps me to feel better. Then I am not sitting around focused on how bad I am feeling. Here are a few things that I learned the past few days that will help me in the future:
*from now on I will be giving my kids Ibuprofen if they have ear infections instead of tylenol. I had been taking tylenol for the last few days, but couldn't find it towards the evening time yesterday, so I took ibuprofen instead. It made a WORLD of difference on my ear. Obviously it should have been since it is an anti-inflammatory and my ear was inflamed.....somehow, when you are sick, you just can't think clearly.
*I think that the next time I take it, I will avoid it at night time since it makes me sweat.....like bucket loads of sweat. I had to change my sheets and clothes 3 times last night due to all the sweating!!!! Once it wore off, I was back to normal. Isn't that weird?
*Ear infections must HURT!!! Mine has only has fluid on it and it hurts like crazy....no wonder kids can't sleep and scream non-stop when they have them. I have a LOT more sympathy for when my kids have ear infections now!!
*I have super good kids that played without complaint that I was not feeling well enough to do anything. At every prayer they prayed that I would feel better. Must be the reason that I am better today. I already knew they were good, but thought I would share anyway!!!
*Today should be a better day!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I am glad you have your sweet kids to help you:) And I am glad you told us all that ear infection stuff. it's good to know! I hope you are on the mend.

Debi said...

Hi Kristie, I'm home from school :) Glad you are feeling better today. Good tips on pain relief!