Jan. 4, 2008
Dear Family and Friends,
Since it is the start of the new year, I have decided to borrow and idea from the Blakes blog and do something a little different this year. I have decided to write a weekly letter to you all just like they do. In reality, it is more for me. Since I use this blog as my journal, I want to remember more things that go on than just what I may write with the pictures. So, hopefully, I will be writing a letter once a week on Fridays to journal the things that I want to remember from the past week. If you don't see a letter, please remind me to write one. This is something that I really would like to do!!! So, without further ado......
This past week was a wonderful one here. It was so nice to have Barth home for the last week and a half. Right up until Christmas he was putting in anywhere from 16 to 18 hours at work. That left only time for sleeping and an occasional bite to eat! With him home, I was able to get some of the few remaining boxes unpacked and some much needed rest! The boys enjoyed having Daddy around to play and talk with!
This week Weston started his new school. He was very nervous about it. This was his 4th school and 5th teacher in the few short years that he has been in school. He told me the other day that I could just call him school changing boy! Boy, that is sad! When I left him yesterday he was about in tears and so was I! I feel like a heel sometimes because we have moved the kids around so much. When he came home yesterday he was all smiles though. A friend of ours from Church is going to be in his class, but she was sick yesterday. Even though she wasn't there, he still had a great day!!! I was glad for that. Weston has really been enjoying playing chess lately. He learned it from a friend at his last school and many evenings, he and Barth will play!!! He does really well and is even teaching Brian how to play.
Brian has had a good week. He and Weston continue to be the best of friends and have enjoyed playing in the snow and sledding this week. We found out that he will be starting morning preschool beginning on Monday. Another thing we learned is that at school they will be eating lunch before coming home! Brian was SO excited about getting to take his lunch to school just like Weston. This morning we went to Target and he was able to go and pick out a lunch box. He chose a truck one!!! He can't wait for next week to get here. He tells me about 5 times a day just how many days are left until he starts school!
Aaron has been a combination of really cute and really cranky lately!!!!! Must be the terrible 2's. His favorite thing to say is "I want hold you me!" That means, "will you hold me?" He is so cute with his arms reaching up when he says it! How can you say no to that! If I am not looking though, he will color on the walls or step on his sister or BITE!!!! Oh no!! He even bit Weston so hard that it left a bruise!! He has really enjoyed the snow the past few days and gets right in there with his brothers by throwing snowballs and laughing!!! He is a smart little guy and knows all of his letters almost. I think he knows all but about 2. There is never a dull moment!
Amber continues to grow by leaps and bounds. She has her 4 month check-up on Monday! Four months already.....where has the time gone? She is getting better and is not quite as fussy as she was.....that is, as long as I don't eat anything that she is allergic to! She is now rolling both ways and LOVES to suck on her fists! She will get her first round of shots on Monday. She didn't get them earlier because I am a bit anti-shots and I don't think that they need to have them done so young.
I continue to just try to keep up with everything! Overall, we are doing good and have had a great week. I probably will not be quite so lengthy in the future, but I just want to make sure I get some things in that I want to remember. I hope that everyone has had a good week!!!
Love,
Kristie
5 comments:
I LOVE this letter idea:) I agree with you on shots! I really enjoyed hearing more details about your daily life:)
Hey, great idea! I got a Christmas card from the Blakes. It was kinda weird looking at all these grown kids and adults. I used to babysit them!
You hadn't told me that Aaron was biting!!
Um, yep! It is fairly new over here. Just started this last week really.
Kristie, I just wanted to let you know that I think anything and everything you feel like writing down is excellent blog material and it will help remind you of these busy years of your life!!! Time is flying and things that you think you will ALWAYS remember will soon be replaced with other things and soon there will be so many things in your brain that they will all be forgotten....so I think your writing the weekly "letter" is a great idea. I wish I had done it when you were little!
Post a Comment