background
Friday, January 11, 2008
Its all okay
If you saw my post from earlier today, you would know that I was having a bad day. However, tonight I am feeling better. As I went to put the kids to bed and listen to prayers, my dear, sweet Brian prayed that he could be a better boy so that he wouldn't drive me batty. (How sweet is that?) Interesting isn't it? Usually it seems that when thing go wrong, I want someone or something else to change. How often do I pray that I can be better in order to improve the situation? I can guarantee that I don't do it very often. The things that you can learn from your children are incredible. And then he prayed that I wouldn't have a "holy cow bad day" tomorrow. After that I went out for a bit just to have a few minutes to myself. I enjoyed my alone time and upon my return home, I was so surprised at what I saw in my back yard. (We don't have a fence) There, standing in my back yard, eating grass, was a beautiful deer. There was another one laying on the ground close by. I sat there for a few minutes just watching the beautiful creatures in my yard. It was just so peaceful. I even called Barth to tell him to look out back to see them. Somehow it was just the perfect moment to put things back into perspective and feel normal again. What a blessing. After I came in, I was flipping through the channels and saw that "The Best 2 Years" was on!!! Funny, since Mom and I had just talked about it the other day. Barth and I watched it and it was thoroughly enjoyable!!!! So, all in all, even though it wasn't the best day, it didn't turn out all that bad either.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I am glad it ended on a good note:) there is no way you can be mad a your kids when they say a sweet prayer like that:) Then you see into their little hearts that they really are trying to be good and want you to be happy:) That is really neat about the deer:) I have never seen that movie (or heard of it?) Of course I am not a big movie person so that is no surprise!!!
Kristie, I'm glad you survived your bad day. I hope you got enough sleep though. Maybe you slept in this morning. Amanda, I have that movie if you want to watch it. It is about LDS missionaries and it is really funny! Steven would love it, too.
I'm glad that everything turned out okay! :) I can't even fathom how frustrating it must be sometimes to be a mom and have to take care of EVERYTHING--(heck, I can barely take care of myself! lol)--ALL THE TIME! I hope that today is better, and that you feel a little more refreshed. And that is SO NEAT that you got to see deer so close! It reminds me of going to Inkslake when I was little and we used to feed the deer right out of our hands! :)
Hey, I saw two deer last night, too! Our neighborhood used to be an apple orchard. There are still some fruit trees so we still get deer roaming around. The two lovelies that I saw last night were in a neighbor's yard as we were leaving from an evening with friends.
What is it about deer that seems to make us stop and just want to watch them?
Hey Kristie, what happened to your FRIDAY letter for your journal??
Kids are so perceptive and so good. I know that's why it says in scriptures that we should all try to be like little children. I find that when something's going wrong it's almost always my fault! Sad, but true about motherhood.
Post a Comment