Jan. 18, 2008
Dear Family and friends,
Well, it is the end of another week. It has been a busy week, although I don't really know what it has been busy with. It seems like there is always something going on and yet, when I look back, nothing stands out as there being anything major. Sometimes life is just like that I guess!!
Well, I took Amber to the doctor yesterday. The verdict....an ear infection. I actually took her because she was making a grunting noise, but they didn't see anything that would be causing that. Her right ear is infected though and so she is now on antibiotics, which I might add, she hates and chokes on!! They weighed her at the office to make sure she hadn't lost weight since she was sick, and no, she hadn't. She was an ounce shy of 17 lbs. She is still growing like a weed.
Aaron had a good week. Nothing too major for him this week. He liked to play in the puddles left by the snow. His new thing is to point out all the ponds. He then tells me that he wants to go fishing just like Uncle Aaron. :) He thinks it is funny when the ponds freeze over and have snow on them. Personally, I think it is rather cool!!!
Brian had a great week at school. He was the door holder this week. He will be going on his first field trip in just a few weeks. He is really excited about that. He continues to do really well and is so excited on the days that he is the only quiet one during circle time and gets a sticker for being so good!!! Those are the kind of things that this mommy likes to hear. On the clear days this past week, Brian told me that it looked like a great day for a bike ride. Although it may look that way from the inside, the temperatures in the 20's and 30's outside keeps us inside so that Amber doesn't get too cold!!!
Weston also had a good week. He was SO excited yesterday when he came home with a book order. He loves to read more than any other kid his age that I know!!! He will often read his brothers his library books. We are learning all about tigers and snakes this week since that is what he checked out!! He told me that my favorite snake had to be a cobra since there was a pink cobra and I loved all things pink!!! And while I do love all things pink, I think that I would prefer a pink garden snake to a pink cobra!!!
I started my new calling this week. I am now the pianist in the primary. I was shocked this past Sunday to see how many kids are now in our primary. There has been heavy praying by the leaders of our ward to help it grow and it has worked for sure. When we first moved here in April, there were all of 10 kids in the junior primary, and about 15 in the senior!!! This past week, Brian had 11 kids in his class and there were over 30 kids in each primary!!! Still not huge, but WAY bigger than it was before!!!!!! I am glad to see that.
Barth had a busy week with work. He got home late many nights this past week and then was up past midnight working from home after he got home!! The good news is that he doesn't have to go out of town this next week! He was going to have to go to NC for the acquisition of a new bank, but it is taking a little longer than planned, and so he won't go until this Spring. :)
Well, I think that pretty well sums up our week!! We hope that yours has been good! We love you all and wish you a great upcoming week!!!
love,
Kristie
3 comments:
Poor little Amber:( I hope the med's work quick---even though she doesn't like them! I am glad your primary is growing! Before it grew it sounded like our old wars primary. To have a Primary that small has challanges and to have a Primary with 125 kids now and counting is also hard! We can not fit one more kid or class in Jr or SR. We are packed to the brim. i doubt our ward will be split till October when a new building on Legacy will be finished.
Sounds like pre-school is just perfect for Brian:) LOL about the pink Cobra!
Fabulous, Grandeous, Wonderful, Fantastic, Out of the World, Super Duper letter this week Kristie! :)
Good job doing your part to add to the Primary - by having mroe kids! I loved the pink cobra bit!
Post a Comment